Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Your name is not a Tattoo on that stable.

Sometimes in boarding stables horses have to be moved around in the stable block. Whether this is for some new horses coming in, an old one leaving, or a pair that just aren't getting on it's all just part of stable life. The horses settle down very rapidly, as nothing much has changed in their routine. Unfortunately the same can't be said of the owners....
This is the bit I don't really get, why do owners go into conniptions anytime something changes? Where I kept my girl she was always the one who got shifted about, or turned out into the paddock for the night if we needed extra space, or one of the other yards was being mended. It never seemed to bother her, and it definately didn't bother me. So why do people go into melt-down about a minor move? Realistically it is at the owner of the boarding stable's discretion as to where any of the horse's go on their property, and they can shift them all around at a moments notice.

If you're one of these people who freak out at the change, I'd love to hear why.

1 comment:

  1. I totally love your blog. I can appreciate your frustrations first hand. I am a boarder but I also take care of the horses at the barn I keep my horse at. I know what a pain it is if one horse somehow needs special (unneeded attention) and when boarders complain about the most idiotic things...ie their horse sleeping outside instead of the stall. In my opinion, most people that own horses don't realize that a horse is like a cow...it's livestock, not a pet like a cat. They treat it like a cat. And the horse behaves like a cat...getting in my space when I handle it or clean it's stall. I can go on forever about the idiots that own horses. Scary!!!!

    ReplyDelete